Williamstown Cemetery was opened in 1858 and is listed in the Register of the National Trust of Australia (Victoria). It provides a link to Melbourne's maritime history through its memorials to lives lost at sea and to those connected with maritime services.
The Williamstown Cemetery is a monumental cemetery which offers above ground headstones and monuments. Lawn Grave with Plaque options are available at nearby Altona Memorial Park.
- Lawn graves with headstones
- Monumental graves
- Concrete lined vaults
The La Cappella di Sant'Antonio Mausoleum is an elegant, European inspired building, wrapped by airy colonnades. Inside there are soft-toned granites which create a mix of contrasting and complementary colours. It has a range of crypts, including single and double. The crypt facings all feature a vase and vigil lamp, which may be personalised with a bronze epitaph. Adjoining the Mausoleum is a small chapel dedicated to St Anthony of Padua.
The following memorial options are available at Williamstown Cemetery:
- Garden Memorials
- Rose Memorials
- Scattering Memorials
- 7.30am - 5.30pm
- 7.30am - 7.30pm (during daylight savings).
Vehicle access is available during visiting hours.